2017-05-17 / Front Page

CPS: no layoffs planned

BY ERIC LEVINE
810-452-2689 • elevine@mihomepaper.com


James Stewart James Stewart CARSONVILLE — The Carsonville-Port Sanilac School District is stable financially, with no staff layoffs in the offing.

That’s the report the superintendent of schools, James Stewart, gave to the board of education last week.

“We are financially stable, which is great news,” Stewart told the News after the meeting. “It’s important for our staff to know we aren’t anticipating any layoffs and my hope is the community will be thankful to hear that as well.

“The school board has done a great job through very challenging times, and I’m proud, looking forward, to announce the district is stable and we’re looking forward to serving children of Carsonville-Port Sanilac for many years.”

In other business, the board:

*Approved David Van Dyke as interim athletic director, replacing Zackary Lanctot.

“We thank Mr. Lanctot for his service to the district and wish him the best in his future endeavors,” said Stewart.

*Learned that elementary and high school summer school will operate June 27-Aug. 3, Tuesday through Thursday

*Learned that the state sponsored summer meal program is again being offered, five days a week, from June 15-Aug. 30 at the elementary school in Carsonville.

Breakfast and lunch will be provided to students under the age of 18, and to the general public as well.

Return to top

Copyright © 2009-2017 Sanilac County News, All Rights Reserved

Special Sections

Click here for digital edition
2017-05-17 digital edition